Effective Date: October 21st, 2016
Click on one of the links below to jump to a specific section:
- Types of Information We Collect and How We Collect It
- Personal Information You Provide To Us
- Automatically Collected Information
- Use of Personal Information
- How We Share Personal Information
- Third-Party Websites and Third-Party Advertising
- Widgets and Plug-Ins
- Protecting Your Information
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Your Choices
- Contact Us / Questions
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect various types of information from and about you on the Websites, including:
- “Personally Identifiable information” or “personal information,” which is information by which you may be personally identified or contacted, such as your first and last name, email address, postal address, billing address, telephone numbers (including mobile telephone numbers), credit/debit card number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted offline or online. Personal information also may include information that is not personally identifiable standing alone (for example, your travel dates) but is when stored with personally identifiable information (for example, your travel dates together with your first and last name). Many pages on our Websites can be visited without providing any personal information. On other Website pages, you may be prompted or invited to provide certain personally identifiable information, such as to join our mailing list or to receive brochures or other promotional materials about CACHET-branded developments or other offers that may be of interest to you. Certain features of some Websites, such as reservations, may require credit card and billing information as well.
PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
The personal information we collect on or through the Websites may include:
- Information you provide by filling out forms on the Websites. This includes, for example, information you provide when you make a reservation, purchase a gift card or make another purchase on the Websites, sign up to receive emails, offers or other information, email us or our properties through the Websites, submit a question or report a problem with our Websites, submit a Request for Proposal, or submit a form to plan a wedding at a CACHET property.
- Information you provide when you register a CACHET gift card on the Websites.
- Information you provide to enter and participate in sweepstakes, contests or promotional offers.
- Records and copies of your correspondence, including email addresses, if you contact us, our properties or our service providers through the Websites.
- Information you provide in response to surveys.
- Details of transactions that you carry out through the Websites and the fulfillment of your order.
AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED INFORMATION
As you navigate through and interact with the Websites, we and our service providers may use automatic data collection technologies, such as cookies and Other Technologies, to collect certain information, including:
- Information about your visits to our Websites, such as traffic data, logs, page requests, search terms, the referring page, the time, date and duration of your visits to our Websites, clickstream data, other communication data, the links that you click, your search queries, and the resources and content that you access and use on the Websites.
- Information about your Internet connection and computer or other devices used to access the Websites, including your IP address, operating system or platform, browser type, mobile identifiers (such as Apple IFDA and Android Advertising ID) and the name of your Internet Service Provider.
- Information about traffic patterns, number of visits to certain pages, visits from other websites or to third-party websites linked to the Website, and visitors’ use of particular services and interest in services, information or features of the Website.
The information collected automatically does not include personal information, but/ we may maintain it or associate it with personal information that you provide to us or that we collect in other ways or receive from affiliates or other third parties.
“DO NOT TRACK” SIGNALS
We may engage in interest-based advertising provided by vendors (such as advertising networks and ad servers) in order to deliver advertisements and personalized content that we believe will be of interest to you. These vendors typically use a cookie alone or with Other Technologies to track and collect anonymous information about your interests during your visits to our Websites and other websites and mobile applications or when you view or interact with one of the advertisements they place on various websites or on mobile platforms. These vendors use this information to make predictions about your characteristics, interests or preferences and to display advertisements across the Internet and on mobile platforms that are tailored to your apparent interests. Advertisements may be provided to you based on your online behavior (on our Websites and on third-party websites and mobile applications), or based on your search activity, your geographic location or other information. For example, if you make a reservation on the Websites, you may see an advertisement from CACHET later when you visit another website or on a mobile platform. This is called retargeting. You also may see the advertisements for third parties on the Websites, on third-party websites or mobile platforms based on your visits to, and activities on, the Websites, third-party websites, and mobile platforms. To the extent that third-parties are using cookies or Other Technologies for interest-based advertising, CACHET does not control the use of the technologies or the resulting information.
Some advertising networks are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt-out of ad targeting from member companies. To learn more about interest-based advertising generally as well as your options for opting-out, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org or http://aboutads.info. Please keep in mind that even if you opt out of receiving ads tailored to your apparent interests, you will continue to see ads from online advertising networks. However, those networks will not be able to apply any of your apparent ad preferences and the ads that you see therefore may be less relevant to your interests.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
CACHET uses personally identifiable information for the following purposes:
- To present the Websites and their contents to you;
- To fulfill the reservations and transactions that you request from us, including facilitating your requests to plan and reserve hotel accommodations, dining service, spa services or other travel services, and to buy gift certificates;
- To plan special weddings, meetings, and other special events;
- To process and respond to your inquiries, comments, complaints, and requests for information (including information about reservations, accommodations, weddings, meetings, events, properties, real estate, or other matters or opportunities);
- For the purposes for which you provided the information;
- To improve the content and navigability of the Websites, or to administer or troubleshoot the Websites;
- To alert you to new Website features, special events, products and services;
- To send you important notices, such as communications about reservations and changes to our terms, conditions and policies (because this information is important to your interaction with CACHET, you may not opt-out of receiving these communications);
- To conduct auditing, analytics, data analysis, monitor and analyze Website traffic and usage, and research to evaluate user needs;
- To contact you about our own and third parties’ products, services, hotels, real estate developments, opportunities, special events, and promotions that may be of interest to you;
- To conduct customer satisfaction, market research and quality assurance surveys;
- To improve our services and properties and to develop new services, properties and offerings;
- To validate your identity or verify communications from you;
- To send you confirmations, notices, updates, security alerts, support, and administrative messages and to otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Websites;
- To protect our rights and the security or integrity of our Websites, properties and business;
- To prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities, to investigate and resolve disputes, claims and problems, and to otherwise comply with applicable laws and regulations;
- To enforce our Terms of Service and our other agreements and contractual obligations;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
IP Addresses are automatically reported by your browser each time you view a page on the Websites. We may use your IP address for various purposes, including to: diagnose or service technology problems; determine your general (but not precise) geographic location and to tailor advertising based on general geographic area or other information derived from your IP address; provide aggregated data to advertisers about the volume of use on the Websites; estimate the total number of users visiting the Websites from specific geographical regions; and to track advertising and conversions on the Websites.
We reserve the right to combine personally identifiable information we collect on the Websites with publicly available information or information otherwise obtained from third parties or affiliates. We may aggregate or anonymize information that we have collected for use in connection with interest-based advertising.
THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND THIRD-PARTY ADVERTISING
WIDGETS AND PLUG-INS
The Websites may use widgets and plug-ins (such as the Facebook “like” button, the Twitter “Follow Us” feature, or similar mechanisms from Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, or other social media platforms), which are interactive mini-programs that run on our Websites to provide specific services from another company. Such third-party features may collect information about you, like your IP address and the page(s) you visit on the Websites, as well as personal information, such as your email address. They also may place cookies or other tracking mechanisms on your browser or device to enable the widget to function properly. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy policies of the third parties that created them. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of the applicable third party before using them.
Our Websites are not directed to or intended to be used by individuals under the age of 18.
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
We take reasonable steps to protect personally identifiable information that we store from accidental loss or from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. For example, our servers are protected by reasonable physical and electronic security measures. Despite these efforts, please be advised that no electronic storage, security system or means of transmitting data over the Internet can be guaranteed to be entirely secure, including without limitation with respect to computer viruses, malicious software and hacker attacks, and there is some risk that an unauthorized third party may find a way to circumvent our security systems or that transmission of your information over the Internet will be intercepted. We cannot and do not guarantee or warrant the security of your personal information. Unless otherwise expressly stated, email transmissions sent through the Websites are not secure. Therefore, for your own privacy protection, we recommend that you do not include any confidential or sensitive personal information such as passwords, credit card details, or bank account information, in any emails that you send to us.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, individual customers who reside in California and who have provided their personal information to CACHET may request information about our disclosure of certain categories of personally identifiable information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us at one of the following addresses: email@example.com. Please include the subject heading “California Privacy Rights.” Within thirty days after receiving such a request, we will provide a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for third-party direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year (if any), along with the names and addresses of these third parties. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the California privacy rights requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted to addresses other than the addresses specified in this paragraph.
You can manage your personal information in the following ways:
- Information You Provide. You choose what personal information (if any) you wish to provide to us. If you choose not to provide certain details, however, some of your transactions with us may be impacted.
- Updating Your Information. You may be able to update or correct certain personal information by contacting us as described in the “Contact Us/Questions” section below.